Building Inspection Division
The Town of Easton’s Code Enforcement Office is authorized to enforce the provisions of the Town of Easton Code exclusive of criminal codes, under Chapter 2 Administration (PDF), Article VII.
The Building Inspection Division’s primary goal is to is to establish and maintain Code requirements for the purpose of safeguarding the public health, safety, and general welfare of the Town community through:
- Adequate light and ventilation
- Energy conservation
- Means of egress facilities
- Safety to life and property from fire and other hazards attributed to the built environment and to provide safety to emergency responders during emergency operations
- Structural strength
To achieve this goal, the Town of Easton Building Inspection Division relies upon the Town Code Chapter 6 Building Codes (PDF) supported by various codes developed through The International Code Council. Codes such as the International Building, Residential, Energy Conservation, and Property Maintenance Codes help ensure the Division’s success.
The Building Inspection Division tracks the construction activity occurring within the Town of Easton through an application and permitting process. This process enables the Building Inspection Division to monitor the planning and construction of both commercial and residential projects as well as providing The Town and its citizens a reliable historical file of property activity.
Applications (NOTE: The Town of Easton Building Department only accepts permit applications via hand-delivery or through the mail)
- Certificate of Occupancy Update & Signage Application (PDF)
- Commercial Building Application (PDF)
- Demolition Permit Application (PDF)
- Electrical Permit Application (PDF)
- Fences, Swimming Pool, and Spas Permit Application (PDF)
- Grading Permit Application (PDF)
- Mechanical Permit Application (PDF)
- Plumbing and Fuel Gas Permit Application (PDF)
- Residential Building Application (PDF)
- Special Inspections Manual (PDF)
- Deck Packet - 2018 IRC